A new home is a big responsibility in terms of maintenance, cleaning and more, particularly when you want to ensure that you can keep it healthy for yourself and your family. Having an unhealthy home can cause quite a number of problems for the family members who may have pre-existing health conditions. Here, we’re going to show you some of the things you can do to keep your new Almonte home healthy.
- Make sure to dust your house frequently to maintain a basic level of cleanliness. Ensure that you have your cleaning supplies organized and ready to use.
- Try not to wear your shoes indoor, because they can track germs, dirt and irritants from outside, into your living space.
- Don’t leave laundry in your machine for very long after you’ve finished washing them, because mildew will likely form in the damp clothes.
- Be careful where you dry your clothes, because hanging your clothes and linens outside to dry can expose your clothes to a number of things like allergens.
- Clean your bedding by washing it once a week, to remove any dust and microbes from it.
- Once weakly, you should wipe down the outside of all your electronics to clean them of dust and germs.
- Never let your home get crowded. Organize your belongings to eliminate clutter in the home to improve air circulation and to alleviate anxiety.
- Don’t store certain items in your home, like toxic chemical cleaners or old paint, etc.
- Do a thorough cleaning of your pantry, by removing all items inside it and then only placing the ones you need back inside.
- Opt to use more bamboo furniture, as it has a lot less environmental toxins than other types of wood do.
If you are looking for the perfect home in Almonte, consider the Riverfront Estates. These Almonte home developments offer solid construction by Almonte home builders Inverness Homes and Doyle homes through a partnership for building Almonte new homes. The perfect place to raise a family combining easy access to Ottawa and city features with picturesque nature scenery and a friendly neighbourhood oasis.