If you want a flooring material that does well at imitating the looks of other flooring materials, then laminate is the way to go. If you’re not a professional, it isn’t likely that you’d easily be able to tell the difference between a laminate version and the real material. We’re going to show you some of the things that you can expect as it relates to the pros and cons of your laminate flooring. Check them out below…
Here are some of the pros of laminate flooring:
- It is quite durable. It can stand up well to heavy traffic because of the use of advanced coatings in its manufacturing process.
- It is cheaper than hardwood flooring, particularly in relation to more exotic types of wood.
- It can be applied over existing flooring.
- It is portable (if it is glueless) and you can remove it and reinstall it somewhere else.
- There are quite a range of style options, in wood and stone patterns.
- It has a very easy installation process, so it’s great for do-it-yourselfers.
Here are some of the cons of laminate flooring:
- It would need to be replaced when it gets worn out and there is no refinishing.
- It can allow for edge-swell, when the seams between planks and edges giver water or other liquids a path to move through.
- It may cause a hollow sound if there is no acoustical underlayment used in installation.
If you are looking for the perfect home in Almonte, consider the Riverfront Estates. These Almonte home developments offer solid construction by Almonte home builders Inverness Homes and Doyle homes through a partnership for building Almonte new homes. The perfect place to raise a family combining easy access to Ottawa and city features with picturesque nature scenery and a friendly neighbourhood oasis.